Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Ice Age 2: The Meltdown

During the first few minutes of the movie, I certainly was not expecting much. I was thinking that this could be another one of those sequels that surely could not quite top the expectations and the actual film before it. I'm sure you know many movies whose sequels were downright... well, bad.

Anyway, I thought wrong. Really wrong. For as the movie went on, I found myself guffawing with laughter. And I mean really guffawing with laughter. It was a fun movie after all. It continued with its story. This time around, they are trying to run away from the water.

Manny is still the big mammoth that he is. Although he did find another mammoth. He was actually ridiculed that he might be the last one around. Well, those who said so, were proven wrong.

Sid is still fun. Really fun. Imagine him being worshipped by mini-Sids who would follow anything he does. Well, he did get thrown into a fiery pit though.

Diego has certainly changed for the better. He now takes good care of his herd. And he really does recognize them as "his herd". Their herd, actually.

Although I did not quite like the antics of Skrat this time. The first movie showed really great efforts made by Skrat. But for this round, they were not that laughter-inducing. But the little guy still made me laugh. But not that hard.

The value of friendship and family. The laughter and fun. Facing your fears. You'll find these all and more when you watch Ice Age 2: The Meltdown.

No comments: