Saturday, May 27, 2006

Starbucks, the Movie: Revenge of the Latte

I came across this article while I was reading Reader’s Digest. It really was something that made me smile and think and then later on laugh. Of course, I would want to share it with you. I surely would not want to keep all the laughter to myself.

With great apologies to its writer. I have copied it word for word. I just felt that it would not do the article justice if I just retold the whole story.

Make Mine Multimedia, Please

First, Starbucks sold coffee. Next, it moved into music, selling CDs and then launching a satellite radio station. Now, feeding our suspicion that this is a media empire masquerading as an upscale coffee shop, the company has commissioned a series of Starbucks-themed animated shorts by Laika Entertainment (co-producers of Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride), available on its holiday website, theRedcup.com. What’s next – Starbucks, the Movie: Revenge of the Latte?


So, whatcha think?

However, there is a new film ready to be shown. I think it starts Tom Hanks. And it is titled, “How Starbucks Changed My Life” or something to that effect. It is about a man who was laid off his job and yet had a family to feed and it was a good thing that Starbucks hired him as a worker in one of their cafés. Well, just another way to advertise itself, huh?

No comments: